Model Shoot

A long long long time ago.... ok, last November.... I went to a model shoot put together by a friend. Yes, it was November, which means super busy time of year for me. In the same week that I attended this shoot, I did a maternity session, an Eagle Scout, a newborn session, and a family. So while I was standing with a handful of other photographers watching and directing and photographing our lovely models, I thought to myself "When am I EVER going to edit these images??" And for months they have been continually pushed onto the back burner. Well, lo and behold, I have a small break and thought it was time. These poor images deserve it, they've been waiting so long!



We actually had 5 sets of models, 5 different "stations" we could rotate through. However, it is a little different (huh, a little?) than a regular portrait session in that there are a number of photographers all trying to photograph the same person you are!! Where does the model look? Which directing voice does she listen to?? And now, months later I am super picky about which images were even worth editing, since this shoot was for me and not a client. Wow, this is an interesting process. Ah well, I'd do it again. Model shoots are fun and chatting with the other photographers is fun and making new friends is always good. :)



Amy Meyerott Photography  – (July 22, 2011 at 1:54 PM)  

If you go to another one this year call me! Back in St Louis we call them, "Shot Parties"!!

Post a Comment

Rules for leaving comments: Have manners. :) Be nice to my clients. I enabled the "Anonymous" option so that a few certain people could leave comments. If you log in under "Anonymous", please leave your name. If you abuse this option, your comments will be deleted and the option will be turned off. Thanks for your encouragement and happy comments!

jessica B photography

Specializing in Las Vegas birth photography and newborn photography. Jessica B is also available for weddings and portrait sessions.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP