The Ballet

I actually don't know this first girl. I love her expression though! What a way to start out the recital!

Who doesn't love baby ballerina bums? I was surrounded by audience members who kept oohing and ahhing over the 3 year olds.



And that was as long as I stayed! After an hour's worth of curtain call practice and two hours of loud music, I was done with the ballet.

As a side note, all these photos were taken without any flash - just the theater lights. Thank you, Nikon, for your wonderfully high ISO range!!!

MaryRC  – (April 25, 2008 at 3:46 PM)  

dig your blog. thank you much for the picture of raegan!! mary

Mr. and Mrs. Corbett  – (April 25, 2008 at 10:46 PM)  

seriously, when are you going to answer my previous question? what would it cost to have you come out sometime this summer and take pictures of me, chad and the boys??

Jessica B Photography  – (April 26, 2008 at 11:09 AM)  

Seriously, I answered it when you asked it! (on the last post, that is)

Grace  – (April 28, 2008 at 10:12 AM)  

Great job. I was shocked when you said you didn't use flash. What ISO did you end up using? And how did you make them look not grainy?

Jessica B Photography  – (April 28, 2008 at 2:41 PM)  

I varied my settings through out the ballet, as their lighting kept changing. I am very much a manual person and don't hardly like using "auto" anything. I stayed up in the HI 0.3, 0.7, and 1.0 which the user's manual says is the equivalent of ISO 4000 - 6400. I recently bought the Nikon D300 (my Canon 20D got stolen out of my house!) and the ISO was a determining factor. So far I am loooooving it!!

Grace  – (April 29, 2008 at 6:45 PM)  

Oh my goodness!!! Mine only goes to 1600. What an amazing camera you have! I'm sorry your other one got stolen :( That's not fun.

You really did an a amazing job with these pictures. You are so talented.

Jen  – (April 30, 2008 at 4:16 PM)  

Hey, I actually recognize a lot of those dancers now. Excellent.

As always, very beautiful pictures. Every time Todd and I need nice pictures taken, can we just import you to wherever we end up?

Jessica B Photography  – (May 1, 2008 at 8:37 AM)  

Yes! Will Travel!!! A little bit of work + vacation!! :)

Post a Comment

Rules for leaving comments: Have manners. :) Be nice to my clients. I enabled the "Anonymous" option so that a few certain people could leave comments. If you log in under "Anonymous", please leave your name. If you abuse this option, your comments will be deleted and the option will be turned off. Thanks for your encouragement and happy comments!

jessica B photography

Specializing in Las Vegas birth photography and newborn photography. Jessica B is also available for weddings and portrait sessions.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP