Pictures I Wish I Would've Taken

I recently participated in a contest (no, I didn't win) by answering the question "If you could take ONE picture to remember a moment in your life, what would it be? "

My answer was this:

One afternoon when my oldest was only one, I hung the towels out on the line and walked back to go inside the house. I turned to make sure he was following me. The breeze blew the towels softly as he slowly weaved his way in between them. The sun so nicely backlight his blonde hair. He didn't take notice of me, but I knew I would not have time to run, grab the camera, adjust my settings, & snap a picture, before all that beautifulness was gone. I just stood there and watched. And burned it into my brain because I knew I had to. I guess that's childhood for you. "They" always say - the kids grow up too fast and before you know it, they are gone (adults).


Another photo I wish I would've taken. Not nearly as significant as far as personal memories go. Or maybe it is? Christmas Day 2008 my family and I headed north right into a major winter storm. After getting stuck, getting pulled out, making plans to camp under an overpass, following a snowplow, we finally made our way to the last hotel room in the area and slept all five of us in one bed. That morning, the sun came out, the hotel provided a waffle breakfast, and we were on the road again with smiles. Just as we turned on to the on-ramp, I spied this bright red fire hydrant half-buried in snow with little yellow tufts of dead grass. I didn't want to delay our trip any longer than it already had been, but now when my husband reads this he'll say "We could've stopped!"

What is your moment that you wish you could've captured, but didn't or weren't able to?

BTW yes, these are my actual drawing abilities. Quit laughing.

Chris  – (June 11, 2009 at 11:01 PM)  

We could have stopped. In fact we did, about 15 minutes later to buy new wiper blades. Ahhhh memories.

Jessica B Photography  – (June 11, 2009 at 11:54 PM)  

Hmmm, actually I think the fire hydrant was after stopping for wiper blades... That's why I didn't request that we stop one MORE time.

Linda  – (June 12, 2009 at 3:34 PM)  

The one I wish I had was of (any one of) my babies' blue eyes gazing up at me while nursing and the smile that invariably followed...At least it's still in my mind...

Jessica B Photography  – (June 12, 2009 at 6:27 PM)  

Aaaaahhh, yes. That is a beautiful moment, Linda.

Heidi  – (June 15, 2009 at 4:15 PM)  

aw! i like the imagery (spelling?) of the clothes line picture. :) and the actual image you drew... i'm a fan of Paint tools. ;) i should post some of my work sometime!

and i agree with linda. :)

Post a Comment

Rules for leaving comments: Have manners. :) Be nice to my clients. I enabled the "Anonymous" option so that a few certain people could leave comments. If you log in under "Anonymous", please leave your name. If you abuse this option, your comments will be deleted and the option will be turned off. Thanks for your encouragement and happy comments!

jessica B photography

Specializing in Las Vegas birth photography and newborn photography. Jessica B is also available for weddings and portrait sessions.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP