Lifestyle Photography

You know, I've noticed on a lot of other people's websites & blogs, they call themselves "lifestyle photographers" saying - (I'm paraphrasing here) "I don't like stiff, posed pictures. I like to catch you when you are natural. Just be yourselves!" What they are really saying is "it's not my fault if your kid doesn't smile."
...or doesn't want to look at me...

... because really, a lot of times the best pictures are ones where the subject is looking away. Kids (or adults, for that matter) don't always have to look at the camera and say "Cheese!!" This is his mom's favorite shot and she was quite surprised that I even got one "this good"!
And I managed to get this cool shot. Love the cheeks.
At least his big brother was cooperative...
...but then, he doesn't have to smile to be handsome either...

Linda  – (February 17, 2010 at 8:51 AM)  

I LOVE these excellent "lifestyle" photos. It helps to have such good-looking models, too!

Jeanette  – (February 17, 2010 at 8:53 AM)  

One of my favorite family Christmas photos shows my Jamie, at 2 years old, throwing a major fit. I love it because it is so her!

Jessica B Photography  – (February 17, 2010 at 1:35 PM)  

That is so funny Jeannette! We have an extended family portrait with Grandma & Grandpa and aunts & uncles & cousins. It was the last one taken before two of the families moved away. Everybody was in dresses and shirts & ties and it was in my grandparents' backyard with grass & evergreens in the background. There I was, on the front row, three years old, my hair curled, my pretty dress on, and a big FROWN on my face!! :) This portrait still hangs in my parents' house!

Digital photography - Blessing or Curse? (or both?) Everyone can now look perfect!

MaryRC  – (February 17, 2010 at 9:13 PM)  

lifestyle can make you moolah! i prefer the lifestyle wedding approach as well.

Post a Comment

Rules for leaving comments: Have manners. :) Be nice to my clients. I enabled the "Anonymous" option so that a few certain people could leave comments. If you log in under "Anonymous", please leave your name. If you abuse this option, your comments will be deleted and the option will be turned off. Thanks for your encouragement and happy comments!

jessica B photography

Specializing in Las Vegas birth photography and newborn photography. Jessica B is also available for weddings and portrait sessions.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP