Happy 1st Anniversary/What's in Your Kitchen?

One year ago today my home was burglarized. What did they get? The majority of my camera gear! The good news is I was able to go shopping for a new camera!! ;) The interesting part about the situation is that I had just decided to remodel my kitchen Trading Spaces-style. I thought I could bang out a new kitchen in two days. 1 can of Fudge Truffle paint (I could smell the chocolate, oh wait, maybe that was just paint fumes), 2 rolls of wallpaper, 23 black handle pulls, and 22 black hinges - how hard could it be?? So I tore apart the kitchen -which landed in the rest of the house. Midway through the second day of remodeling, I returned home from an errand to find my house in shambles, which was the way I left it, but with the lights on, which was not how I left them! Which led to the discovery of the missing camera bags.
The before picture (circa 2004). Does it scream rental or what? It reminds me of some of my college apartments. The combination of the off-white paint and the silver handle pulls made me want to puke. Finally after living in it for 5 years, I came up with a fabulous plan that I love and has totally worked for us.
Enter My New Kitchen:

I loooooove toile patterns.
Now I just need new lights, and the pulls put on the lower cabinets. The lower cabinets are metal and the holes are in different places so we haven't decided how to attach them yet. I suggested Super Glue, Liquid Nails, soldering or something of that sort. Anyone have any other brilliant ideas? (This is the main reason why it has been a year and I am just now posting pictures - it's not "finished" because the lower cabinets don't have the new pulls on yet!)

What's on my walls: Pictures I took in college. Train tracks in Pennsylvania. Recently a friend posted about taking food pictures to put on her kitchen walls. I also have taken food pictures for others, but for me my trains are totally rocking my kitchen. I love them. What's in your kitchen??

Chris  – (March 13, 2009 at 10:08 PM)  

I kind of like the picture of the rental kitchen better. It has my way cute wife in it. xoxoxoXOXxxOOXooxxX

Linda  – (March 13, 2009 at 10:32 PM)  

I'm so impressed with your abilities! Wow. Interior design and home remodeling. I LOVE your kitchen. (And what a sweet comment by your husband!)

Lara  – (March 14, 2009 at 8:56 AM)  

I need some major decorating tips for my kitchen - right now I have a "chef" theme, which I really like, but I feel I can use some help. I have a couple of chef pictures (both with alcohol..umm..I mean martinelli(sp?)). Before I bought these pictures I looked for some fun fruit pictures, I like the idea of having your own pictures - like your friends idea. Too bad I am not talented in that area.

Grace  – (March 14, 2009 at 10:01 AM)  

I love your new kitchen! Your are so talented :)

Grace  – (March 14, 2009 at 10:11 AM)  

ps did you ever sell that flash?

Heidi  – (March 14, 2009 at 11:59 AM)  

okay fine... i'll go take the dang picture now... but it puts your circa 2004 to shame! i don't know how old these apartments are, so i can't date them. ;)

i love the muffins on the counter, almost as much as the black outlining and toille or however the heck you spell it in the window. ;)

Nicole  – (March 15, 2009 at 11:55 AM)  

I LOVE IT!!! Did you do most of the work yourself? High five to that!!!

Jen  – (March 15, 2009 at 5:13 PM)  

Wow! Love your taste in decorating! I'll have to see it in person when I come visit one of these days. Maybe next time you stop by my place you can see how my purple bathroom turned out:)

LM  – (March 16, 2009 at 9:20 AM)  

Your Kitchen looks huge! And Ultra Clean!!! My kitchen would probablly look that great too if I helped the kids do the cleaning!

MaryRC  – (March 16, 2009 at 11:05 PM)  

nuttin a little paint cant fix. looks great!

Post a Comment

Rules for leaving comments: Have manners. :) Be nice to my clients. I enabled the "Anonymous" option so that a few certain people could leave comments. If you log in under "Anonymous", please leave your name. If you abuse this option, your comments will be deleted and the option will be turned off. Thanks for your encouragement and happy comments!

jessica B photography

Specializing in Las Vegas birth photography and newborn photography. Jessica B is also available for weddings and portrait sessions.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP