When I Grow Up, I'm Going to be a.......

After reading The Last Lecture awhile back, of course it led me to reflect upon my own life. When I was little, there are three things that come to mind that I "wanted to be when I grow up".

Firstly, I wanted to be a Mom. Hmmm, well, I think I've got the ball rolling on that one. :)

Secondly, I wanted to be a Photographer. Hmmm, I think I'm got that one as well.

Thirdly, I wanted to be a Fashion Designer. Take a look for yourself. These beauties here are homemade paper dolls circa 1989. Aren't they something?? I've got talent!!
Ok, so my current designs (if I had any) would probably have less fringe.... and not so much orange.... the fishnets are cool though...

So, what did YOU want to be when you grew up? and did you do it?? I want lots of comments on this one! Even from you Blog Stalkers :)

I did have one fleeting moment in college when I wanted to be an astronaut. But I realized being a mom and being an astronaut would be a rather difficult match (although some ladies do it, it wasn't for me), so I'll settle for being a star-gazer instead.

Linda  – (January 26, 2010 at 12:28 PM)  

First I wanted to be a ballerina. Then I realized I didn't have the neck, legs, or talent! Then I wanted to be the first woman on the moon! But like you, I realized that didn't work very well with being a mom. So I decided I wanted to be a teacher. Aided in elementary school while still in high school, graduated from BYU in Elementary Ed., taught ONE year, have been teaching at home and church ever since...

Jeanette  – (January 26, 2010 at 12:38 PM)  

I never, never, never wanted to be an astronaut. Just the thought of it makes me feel all clammy! My biggest aspiration was always to be a mom. I got that and love it, and now I want to add writer and motivational speaker to my list. Wish me luck!
You are an amazing photographer and I need to email you about trying to find a time when we can get together for a shoot. I really want a good family picture before my son leaves.
And thanks for reminding me about the last lecture. I think I'll go read it right now.

Lara  – (January 26, 2010 at 12:52 PM)  

Hmm..that's a hard one because it kept changing. I always just figured I would be a mom when I grew up, so I didn't really think much on that one. But I remember in first grade I wanted to be a ballerina, and then I wanted to be an ice skater. I then wanted to be an actress, and that lasted for a VERY LONG TIME. When I realized that wasn't going to happen I wanted to be a radiologist, a teacher...it kept changing. Maybe that is why I never finished my bachelors degree...I didn't know what to do with myself. But just like I figured I would be a mom, I, like you have that ball rolling and it is the one thing I never had second thoughts on and I LOVE IT!

MaryRC  – (January 26, 2010 at 6:27 PM)  

i wanted to be an actress... then i decided i dont like to be told what to do, so the director thing didnt work for me... strike one.

i wanted to be a rockstar's girlfriend... in my defense, i had no idea what groupies really did... strike two

i wanted to be a single fabulous girl in the city, no kids, no ties, no worries... strike three

all i can say is.. failed dreams=home run...

Hillary  – (January 26, 2010 at 7:06 PM)  

That cracks me up that you still have those paperdoll clothes!
I wanted to be lots of different things too at different times. Always a mom. And at one time an ice skater, the next Nancy Drew, hotel/bed and breakfast owner, and somewhere in there...a sheep farmer. Ha ha! The Bed and Breakfast is still on the list, someday nearer to retirement age.

Post a Comment

Rules for leaving comments: Have manners. :) Be nice to my clients. I enabled the "Anonymous" option so that a few certain people could leave comments. If you log in under "Anonymous", please leave your name. If you abuse this option, your comments will be deleted and the option will be turned off. Thanks for your encouragement and happy comments!

jessica B photography

Specializing in Las Vegas birth photography and newborn photography. Jessica B is also available for weddings and portrait sessions.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP