Heaven in a Bottle

One 25 year old apricot tree. One king size bedsheet. One awesome husband shaking the fruit from the branches. Three munchkins getting distracted while trying to help their mom catch the fruit with the bedsheet. Getting hit in the head by falling apricots. And then.... the sprinklers come on! The kids cried and we hustled to finish up our harvesting.


THEN...

I had a house full of apricots... and I was washing and pitting and pureeing and cooking and processing for days and days and days....

Grand total: 64 pints of apricot syrup. 64 pints! (That's 8 GALLONS by the way) (This may not sound like much to a seasoned fruit preserver, but for me that's a lot!)
I'm ready for a break from the kitchen. I need a few more square feet in there... Like a couple hunderd extra...

Becky aka tata!  – (June 9, 2010 at 9:00 AM)  

Looks delicious!! I love the story behind it, that is a priceless memory!!

Brigid –   – (June 9, 2010 at 9:36 AM)  

I have room at my house!!!Looks yummy!!!You are amazing at everything you do Jessica!!!!

Linda  – (June 9, 2010 at 2:38 PM)  

That looks so good, AND so pretty! I never found the syrup recipe. I'll have to get it from you or Kimberly! Your photo is beautiful.

MaryRC  – (June 10, 2010 at 4:21 PM)  

ah what a homemaker you are.. looks yummy yummy!

Jeanette  – (June 10, 2010 at 4:40 PM)  

I'm jealous! Apricot is my favorite!!!

costa rica condos  – (June 14, 2010 at 3:25 PM)  

good harvest, 64 gallons of syrup of apricot. 64 pints a good way to express the chorus, I like the color, looks delicious!

condo costa rica
condominium costa rica

Heidi  – (June 15, 2010 at 4:18 AM)  

YUM and YUM! apricot jam is my favorite! and i love all the new shiny bottles. aaah. ;)

Post a Comment

Rules for leaving comments: Have manners. :) Be nice to my clients. I enabled the "Anonymous" option so that a few certain people could leave comments. If you log in under "Anonymous", please leave your name. If you abuse this option, your comments will be deleted and the option will be turned off. Thanks for your encouragement and happy comments!

jessica B photography

Specializing in Las Vegas birth photography and newborn photography. Jessica B is also available for weddings and portrait sessions.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP