Shutter Buddies - A Toddler Photographer Must-Have!

"What is a Shutter Buddy" you say? It's a fantastic hand-made stretchy guy that fits on the lens of your camera. Or it could be a girl too, there's Claire Caterpillar, she's darling. Or Oscar Octopus, or Alien Adam. I got Randy the Raptor. I'm a fan of his outstretched arms, like "Come give me a big hug!"...or is that "I'm gonna get you!!!".... Hmmm.... Anyways, I love the bright colors, the button eyes, and the hand-stitch-ed-ness. And - wait for it - there's a hidden squeaker inside! If that's not an attention-getter, then I don't know what is. So I frequently run into a problem when I'm shooting portraits of a certain age group - the 18 months to about 3 years old kids. They don't want to pay attention, they just want to run & play, or worse, they are scared of the big black thing I keep hiding behind. Such as this kiddo here. I've brought squeaky toys and rattle balls to portrait sessions, but I really need three hands to do that. I'd seen other photographers with things around their lenses before and thought it was a good idea but never got one for myself (until now!). If you are a mom of a toddler or a children's photographer and desire a little more cooperation out of your photographees, a Shutter Buddy is calling your name. I think it will even work wonders with adults, because I've even had adults who didn't know where to look. The verdict: Even if they at first didn't like the camera, the kids were interested in Mr. Randy the Raptor. One of my lenses would even spin Mr. Randy as I focused and that was great fun!! The moms loved Mr. Randy as well. Now, a big cheesy smile is not always necessary for me, but I really like that my Shutter Buddy is able to hold their attention even if they aren't smiling. But I do like this guy's expression and excitement (even if he is a bit out of focus). This is the Shutter Buddy at work! :) Click here for the Shutter Buddies Shop.

Jamie Rubeis  – (April 9, 2011 at 7:41 AM)  

Such a cute idea! I have seen a few of these around lately.

Amy Meyerott Photography  – (April 9, 2011 at 3:23 PM)  

Oh my goodness! What a great idea. Ordering one Pronto! Thanks for sharing!!

Mitch and Serretta Barlow  – (April 10, 2011 at 9:58 PM)  

What a great idea! :) And what cute pictures of those kids!

Darl & Dom Nonato –   – (April 13, 2011 at 1:40 PM)  

Hey, I know this little guy =)

The shutter buddy is a pretty cool idea, told my hubby to get one for our camera!

Post a Comment

Rules for leaving comments: Have manners. :) Be nice to my clients. I enabled the "Anonymous" option so that a few certain people could leave comments. If you log in under "Anonymous", please leave your name. If you abuse this option, your comments will be deleted and the option will be turned off. Thanks for your encouragement and happy comments!

jessica B photography

Specializing in Las Vegas birth photography and newborn photography. Jessica B is also available for weddings and portrait sessions.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP