A Saturday Around Town

We have more car show here than anybody I know. OK, well, when it's not 120 degrees. Now that it is cooling off (slightly) the hot rods are coming out! Today's occasion was "Wurstfest." For a town that boasts no significant German heritage, I'm not sure why we have a Wurstfest, other than brats go with beer.... I guess when it gets to be Oktoberfest time, everyone is German. Just like St. Patrick's Day and Cinco de Mayo.

And the dance studio was having a costume sale. What fun!! Some were hideous, some were actually wearable. Halloween is coming up!
This one is my submission for the weekly photo challenge: Over-exposed!

Amy  – (September 27, 2008 at 4:42 PM)  

I love the car pictures! I would totally hang that first one up on my wall. And I liked the title. It reminds of how much I love Boulder City in the Fall. :)

Jessica B Photography  – (September 27, 2008 at 8:06 PM)  

I am so glad that it is beginning to cool off. I can much more enjoy a walk around town (and living here) when it isn't so sweltering!

Hey, if you want a print for your wall, let me know!

LM  – (September 27, 2008 at 8:46 PM)  

OOOh! The Shelby! Shawn loves mustangs. I'm really surprised we don't own one by now. And I loved your overexposure shot. Always so creative. When you're walking down the street do you say to yourself, Man that would look good overexposed or do you just get lucky. I'm just wondering how much does one have to plan to be so successful. I wandered around California Adventure Land looking for something I could overexpose and couldn't come up with anything. Duh! Anyways, I loved the pictures. They turned out great!!!!!!

Amy  – (September 28, 2008 at 8:18 AM)  

So...how much would it cost to make a print of that car picture? :)

Jessica B Photography  – (September 28, 2008 at 9:09 PM)  

Leisel, I think Shawn offered to buy ours once. I didn't know he loved them so much, especially now that he's got Herbie as a project. I did plan the ballet skirt shot. I knew they were having the sale. I actually took pictures, left & went to the car show, then came back and took more at the dance studio. A girl was looking at the one with the poofy skirt and put it back on a different rack and I thought "perfect!" So I did need someone else's help, I suppose.

Amy, Probably something reasonable....

Mindy  – (September 29, 2008 at 12:06 AM)  

I love your overexposed shot, it turned out awesome! And the cars are amazing :)

Post a Comment

Rules for leaving comments: Have manners. :) Be nice to my clients. I enabled the "Anonymous" option so that a few certain people could leave comments. If you log in under "Anonymous", please leave your name. If you abuse this option, your comments will be deleted and the option will be turned off. Thanks for your encouragement and happy comments!

jessica B photography

Specializing in Las Vegas birth photography and newborn photography. Jessica B is also available for weddings and portrait sessions.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP