Happy 9-9-09!

I am happy to say, I did not spend today at a wedding, like a million other people did. I spent today chillin' with my girls, two of which I've known literally since infancy, and the other two since 10 and 14 years old, respectively. We've all been friends this whole time, and have been together for much mischief and merry-making.

Oh yeah, there's a little stow-away in the group. But she's a cutie, we'll keep her.

I've had quite a few opportunities over the last few months to visit with old friends, and I've really enjoyed each one. Seriously, we've "picked up right where we left off" and can still talk and laugh just like we used to (only now with more varied and interesting things to talk about, you know, since we're grown-ups now). I truly value the friends of my youth.

Upon entering my house, one of the girls commented, "It feels like College Avenue!" Our freshman year of college, I lived in a house on a street called College Avenue (I know, no creativity whatsoever!). I took this comment as quite the compliment. While one could say I still live like a college student, my college house was warm & cozy, friendly, inviting, comfortable, relaxed, and it was "home". I will always have fond memories of that place, as it was truly a life-shaping experience living there. I'm glad I'm able to continue to have that feeling in my current home. (I'd post a pic of my college house, but that was pre-digital days and I'm too lazy right now to dig one out of the old box)

Thanks, girls. Can't wait for next year.

Nicole  – (September 10, 2009 at 9:05 AM)  

Ah, It turned out so cute! It would have been better had Ryiah not been in it, but. . . .what are you going to do! I'm glad I came out to see you guys! It's always refreshing to spend time with those you feel most comfortable with! And I LOVE your little house!

Mr. and Mrs. Corbett  – (September 10, 2009 at 11:02 AM)  

I think this is adorable! even WITH Ryiah! Wish we could all hang out more often!!

LM  – (September 10, 2009 at 11:19 AM)  

How fun! I'm so glad you got to do that! You know the old saying. . .make new friends, but keep the old, one is silver and the other gold!

MaryRC  – (September 14, 2009 at 1:02 AM)  

nothing like effortless friendship its the best of all.

Post a Comment

Rules for leaving comments: Have manners. :) Be nice to my clients. I enabled the "Anonymous" option so that a few certain people could leave comments. If you log in under "Anonymous", please leave your name. If you abuse this option, your comments will be deleted and the option will be turned off. Thanks for your encouragement and happy comments!

jessica B photography

Specializing in Las Vegas birth photography and newborn photography. Jessica B is also available for weddings and portrait sessions.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP