30 by 30 Goal #8 - CHECK!

Yes, this is my goal #8. Make a challah bread (pronounced "hall-uh"). I have a slight fascination with all things Jewish. A challah bread is a special braided bread eaten on the Sabbath and on holidays. Wikipedia says, "According to Jewish tradition, the three Sabbath meals (Friday night, Saturday morning, and Saturday afternoon) and two holiday meals (one at night and one in the morning) each begin with two complete loaves of bread. This "double loaf" commemorates the manna that fell from the heavens when the Israelites wandered in the desert for forty years after the Exodus from Egypt. The manna did not fall on the Sabbath or holidays; instead, a double portion fell before the Sabbath and holidays. (There are two loaves of bread in my picture. They cooked up big and ended up right next to each other) I used a fairly basic challah bread recipe from Amy Cox Jones's World of Wisdom cookbook (she calls for wheat, I used white flour - gasp!) and learned how to do the braid here. It's really quite easy!

Are you salivating yet?

Hillary  – (October 25, 2009 at 10:14 PM)  

I'm definately salivating. It looks really good

Becky aka tata!  – (October 26, 2009 at 8:14 PM)  

YUM!!! It looks beautiful. Great job!!!

Linda  – (October 27, 2009 at 6:59 AM)  

Your bread looks yummy! Really yummy! Did I miss something? What is your 30 by 30? Sounds like a plan I should instigate...

Erik  – (October 27, 2009 at 5:01 PM)  

I think you should work on Dark Rye next. That is my favorite.

Sandy Hatcher-Wallace  – (October 27, 2009 at 5:49 PM)  

You're a wonderful photographer and I especially loved the picture of the baby in the air. It was so clear and just perfect.

Good luck on your bread.

Post a Comment

Rules for leaving comments: Have manners. :) Be nice to my clients. I enabled the "Anonymous" option so that a few certain people could leave comments. If you log in under "Anonymous", please leave your name. If you abuse this option, your comments will be deleted and the option will be turned off. Thanks for your encouragement and happy comments!

jessica B photography

Specializing in Las Vegas birth photography and newborn photography. Jessica B is also available for weddings and portrait sessions.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP