Homebirth

I was awakened Saturday morning by a phone call that said Jen's water just broke. I responded with "She needs to either have this baby fast or she has to wait until after 10:00 tonight." I had a wedding scheduled for most of the day yesterday!! Jen was kind enough to wait for me. With irregular contractions throughout the day, her labor finally strengthened late that night. Just in time for me to leave the wedding, grab a bite to eat and a change of clothes, and head to Jen's house.




I love this shot. Towards the end of the labor, Jen was getting tense with the stronger contractions. She seemed to be most relaxed when Dave was stroking her back, so when he came and sat by her like this, it was smooth sailing from there. I love it. The baby was born shortly after this picture was taken.
Baby Boy born Sunday, October 11th at 1:23am. He's 7 lbs 4 oz and 20.5 inches.

Jen was attended by midwife Margie Dacko and supported by her husband, mother-in-law, sister-in-law, and friend.




These images were all shot without a flash at ISO 6400 with an aperture of f/2.8 or f/1.8. Due to the low light and high ISO, pictures may be grainy or noisy, but hey, that's the nature of the game.

Susan  – (October 11, 2009 at 11:55 AM)  

Thanks you so much Jessica!!!! They are awesome!!!

Lara  – (October 11, 2009 at 5:32 PM)  

Wow!! You did a great job, Jess. Not to mention Jen...WAY TO GO, JEN!! I can't wait to meet this little guy. :)

CORDERMAN FAMILY  – (October 11, 2009 at 5:41 PM)  

So proud of her...the pictures & family look great.

Amber  – (October 12, 2009 at 3:45 PM)  

That's amazing! I could never do that. These are beautiful, what a great memory!

Http://whatmeeganmakes.com  – (October 12, 2009 at 11:34 PM)  

Amazing!! I had my children at home, and you catured the feeling perfectly!! Congrats to the parents!!

LM  – (October 13, 2009 at 6:50 PM)  

Great job Jessica! What a busy schedule!! What a precious gift!

Rachel Garcia  – (October 21, 2009 at 8:57 PM)  

Awesome! Great job capturing the feeling.

MaryRC  – (October 21, 2009 at 11:08 PM)  

wow she did it.. they really take you there.

Anjalique  – (March 26, 2010 at 11:56 PM)  

I think you did a great job with the "flashless" pictures. Not always easy to do, but I agree that they look the best! (And are probably the least distracting for the laboring Mama. :)

Post a Comment

Rules for leaving comments: Have manners. :) Be nice to my clients. I enabled the "Anonymous" option so that a few certain people could leave comments. If you log in under "Anonymous", please leave your name. If you abuse this option, your comments will be deleted and the option will be turned off. Thanks for your encouragement and happy comments!

jessica B photography

Specializing in Las Vegas birth photography and newborn photography. Jessica B is also available for weddings and portrait sessions.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP